Walking in Piedmont's Langhe District
4 nights — from USD1890
Please note that for this year (2021), due to the myriad uncertainties created by the COVID-19 pandemic, we have changed our booking and cancellation policies to a USD50 per person deposit with cancellation and full refund up to 15 days before departure. Read more here.
A wine and gastronomic paradiso awaits you in the Langhe region, historically one of the world’s most important centers of wine production. Among the wines to taste are a number of hearty reds, including Barolo and Barbaresco. Nearby is the Asti region, famous for spumanti, Italy’s answer to champagne. You’ll also uncover a delightful, little explored corner of the Monferrato, still largely overlooked even by Italian tourists.
Here is an outline of a suggested daily itinerary. You can shorten or lengthen this tour to fit your travel dates. For further information, please request a detailed itinerary.
- Day one: Your guide picks you up in Milan or Turin and brings you to a tiny hilltop village in the Basso Monferrato for lunch; this area is known for its Barbera wine but is still far off even local tourist maps. Later, after an exploration of the various chapels of Crea Sanctuary Natural Park, you enjoy a wine and cheese tasting at another fine Barbera producer.
- Day two: The day starts with a splendid walk through the vineyards of Nebbiolo, the grape which makes the unique Barolo wine. You also partake in a wine tasting and tour at one of zone’s best and most welcoming producers, while enjoying panoramic views of the surrounding region.
- Day three: A stroll through the vineyards brings you to the hilltop town of La Morra, where you enjoy a wine tasting at an up-and-coming producer who has already realized some great results. In the afternoon you tour a venerable producer’s marvelously designed cellars in Monforte d’Alba.
- Day four: Today you explore the Barbaresco wine region: though made from the same grape as Barolo, this wine is a slightly lighter red due to the local soils. You also visit the lovely village of Neive, and in the afternoon head to a village in the nearby Alto Monferrato to celebrate with a Moscato d’Asti wine tasting at a classic producer of spumanti.
- Day five: We help you on your way to your next destination with a transfer to Milan or Turin.
We suggest the following inclusions based on the proposed itinerary (above) and prices (below). Keep in mind that you can modify these as per your own preferences.
- 4 nights accommodation with en-suite facilities
- breakfast each day
- 2 gourmet dinners
- full-time, professional Tour Leader
- guided walks each day
- wine and specialty foods tastings
- paid entrance to all included activities
- all land transfers to and from tour area, and during tour
- travel guidance for pre/post-tour activities
(Not included are airfare, wine and other beverages with alcohol, personal purchases such as laundry, phone calls, frigobar items etc., and anything not specifically included above.)
We price this tour for the following categories of accommodation. We also tier-price based on your group’s size. You can keep your tour private to your own group or you can open your tour for other travelers to join, thereby taking advantage of our tier discounts. Single Supplements (sing. supp.) are charged on single occupancy rooms only. All prices are quoted per person in USD.
You can schedule this tour to start on any day of the week, all year long. As with all our tours, you tell us the dates you would like to start your tour, allowing you the maximum in flexibility and convenience (full explanation).
Write to us using the form below, and we'll send you the detailed itinerary for this tour and other relevant information. Or proceed to our booking area to book this tour now.