Amalfi Coast Cooking and Walking
5 nights — from USD2740
Due to the myriad uncertainties created by the COVID-19 pandemic, we have changed our booking and cancellation policies to a USD50 per person deposit with cancellation and full refund until 31 days before departure. Read more here.
For our Amalfi Coast Cooking & Walking tour, we situate ourselves for five nights nestled in the seaside town of Positano, for centuries the favorite getaway of the Neapolitan aristocracy. Your hosts will introduce you to the savory cuisine of la mediterranea with fish caught fresh daily, sun-ripened tomatoes and the rich olive oil of the south being the basics upon which you’ll create scrumptious feasts. In between, you’ll take walks along the coastal paths with stupendous vistas stretching up and down the shoreline as far as the eye can see.
Here is an outline of a suggested daily itinerary. You can shorten or lengthen this tour to fit your travel dates. For further information, please request a detailed itinerary.
- Day one: Your guide meets you in Naples and brings you to your lodgings for five nights in Positano overlooking the Mediterranean sea. There’s time for an orientation tour of the town and a warm-up walk along the trails above the coastline.
- Day two: Today’s walk takes you along the aptly named “Path of the Gods” with magnificent vistas that stretch out to the island of Capri. Afternoon finds you in the home a lovely local famiglia learning to create a complete Italian family dinner.
- Day three: In the morning, you cross by boat to Capri for a walking tour of the island, including the Gardens of Augustus and the villa that once belonged to the Roman emperor Tiberius. Time permitting, you can ride the cable car to Mount Solario, Capri’s highest point with astounding views over the Bay of Naples.
- Day four: A walk through pine forests and along panoramic trails takes you through tiny villages set high above the coast. Along the way, you stop to learn the secrets of making the perfect limoncello and later, at a dairy farm, how to craft fresh mozzarella. Lunch sees you cooking your own pizza with a master pizzaiolo (pizza maker).
- Day five: You start the day with a visit to Ravello, long the haunt of poets and composers, with incomparable panoramas said to be among the most beautiful in the world. Then, a walk along shaded paths takes you to the bustling port of Amalfi for an exploration of its twisting alleys and Moorish duomo.
- Day six: Your guide helps you on your way to your next destination with a transfer back to Naples.
We suggest the following inclusions based on the proposed itinerary (above) and prices (below). Keep in mind that you can modify these as per your own preferences.
- 5 nights accommodation with en-suite facilities
- breakfast each day
- two cooking lessons/dinners with an expert chef
- full-time Tour Leader
- guided walks each day
- private tours hosted by local experts
- specialty foods tastings
- paid entrance to all included activities
- all land transfers to and from tour area, and during tour
- travel guidance for pre/post-tour activities
(Not included are airfare, wine and other beverages with alcohol, personal purchases such as laundry, phone calls, frigobar items etc., and anything not specifically included above.)
We price this tour for the following categories of accommodation. We also tier-price based on your group’s size. You can keep your tour private to your own group or you can open your tour for other travelers to join, thereby taking advantage of our tier discounts. Single Supplements (sing. supp.) are charged on single occupancy rooms only. All prices are quoted per person in USD.
You can schedule this tour to start on any day of the week, all year long. As with all our tours, you tell us the dates you would like to start your tour, allowing you the maximum in flexibility and convenience (full explanation).
Write to us using the form below, and we'll send you the detailed itinerary for this tour and other relevant information. Or proceed to our booking area to book this tour now.