Cooking and Walking in Piedmont
5 nights — from USD2490
From the height of the Western Alps to vineyard-covered hills above the Po River plain, Piedmont’s diverse geography and historical-cultural heritage is reflected in its wonderfully varied cuisine and wines. This cooking and walking tour is based in the Langhe region, Piedmont’s most renowned eno-gastronomic haven, and includes 2 cooking experiences with a professional chef. In addition to your hands-on appreciation of the area’s cuisine, you enjoy daily walks through the countryside and explore the robust red wines, delectable cheeses and other local products at premier producers.
Here is an outline of a suggested daily itinerary. You can shorten or lengthen this tour to fit your travel dates. For further information, please request a detailed itinerary.
- Day one: Your guide picks you up in Milan or Turin and drives you into the hills of the Langhe region – home of Barolo, Barberesco and white truffles, among other delicacies.
- Day two: Today you explore the Barbaresco wine region, less visited by both foreign and Italian tourists. We’ll include a visit to the Langhe capital, Alba, to enjoy the morning market as well as a short panoramic walk in the hills nearby.
- Day three: In the morning, you take a short walk in the vineyards surrounding La Morra. After lunch, you’ll enjoy your first cooking lesson, preparing classic local dishes which you afterwards enjoy for dinner.
- Day four: Today you head due west to Saluzzo, proud former capital of its own little city-state, situated at the foot of the majestic peak of Monviso.
- Day five: The day starts with a final splendid walk through the vineyards of Nebbiolo, near Barolo. In the afternoon you’ll continue with your cooking discoveries and feast on your creation at dinner, accompanied by appropriate local wines.
- Day six: We help you on your way to your next destination with a transfer to Milan or Turin.
We suggest the following inclusions based on the proposed itinerary (above) and prices (below). Keep in mind that you can modify these as per your own preferences.
- 5 nights accommodation with en-suite facilities
- breakfast and dinner each day
- 2 half-day cooking classes with a professional chef
- full-time, professional Tour Leader
- guided walks/strolls and/or cultural visits each day
- private tours hosted by local experts
- wine and specialty foods tastings
- paid entrance to all included activities
- all land transfers to and from tour area, and during tour
- travel guidance for pre/post-tour activities
(Not included are airfare, wine and other beverages with alcohol, personal purchases such as laundry, phone calls, frigobar items etc., and anything not specifically included above.)
We price this tour for the following categories of accommodation. We also tier-price based on your group’s size. You can keep your tour private to your own group or you can open your tour for other travelers to join, thereby taking advantage of our tier discounts. Single Supplements (sing. supp.) are charged on single occupancy rooms only. All prices are quoted per person in USD.
You can schedule this tour to start on any day of the week, all year long. As with all our tours, you tell us the dates you would like to start your tour, allowing you the maximum in flexibility and convenience (full explanation).
Write to us using the form below, and we'll send you the detailed itinerary for this tour and other relevant information. Or proceed to our booking area to book this tour now.