Walking in Western Sicily
6 nights — from USD2890
Due to the myriad uncertainties created by the COVID-19 pandemic, we have changed our booking and cancellation policies to a USD50 per person deposit with cancellation and full refund until 31 days before departure. Read more here.
Sicily, a land of extremes and contrasts, is a magnification of all things Italian. Here you’ll discover a concentrated distillation of history, architecture and gastronomic delights. Wherever you turn you’ll see evidence of the island’s 3,000 years of history as the strategic crossroads of Europe. Nowhere else have so many different cultures left such an enormous collective legacy, making of the island a vast open-air museum, a testament to nearly every Mediterranean civilization of the past. And with its wonderful climate, Sicily is eminently visitable all the year round, with each season boasting its own distinctive charm.
- Explore the towns of Palermo, Monreale, Cefalù, Mazara, Marsala, Trapani and Erice
- Visit the temples of Segesta, Selinunte and Agrigento
- Walk in the Zingaro Nature Reserve
- Visit some of the most remarkable ancient sites in Italy
- Enjoy great Sicilian cuisine and wines
Depart From: Palermo
Finish In: Palermo
Starting Dates: Any day, all year long
Fitness Rating: 1-4 (Ratings Explained)
Here is an outline of a suggested daily itinerary. You can shorten or lengthen this tour to fit your travel dates. For further information, please request a detailed itinerary.
- Day one: After arrival in Palermo and a private transfer to your hotel, you explore Palermo’s sites, including the Royal Norman Palace. Afterwards, you visit Monreale to admire its magnificent cathedral.
- Day two: Today you explore Cefalù, with its scenic beach, narrow cobbled streets and port lined with tiny fishing boats. You return to Palermo for another night in this fascinating city.
- Day three: Following a morning transfer, you enjoy the ancient Greek city of Akragas, today known as Agrigento. UNESCO included its Valley of the Temples in the list of World Heritage Sites.
- Day four: In the morning you explore Selinunte, the second-most important of the ancient Greek colonies, following Syracuse. Afternoon brings you to the charming town of Marsala, home to an important archeological museum.
- Day five: You start the day with a walk among picturesque salt pools and quaint windmills. Later, you explore the remarkable town of Erice, with its Punic walls and medieval fortress.
- Day six: Segesta is the focus of today’s walk, with its ancient Greek temple which is considered the most preserved Greek temple in the world. An afternoon walk takes you along the trails of the Zingaro Nature Reserve.
- Day seven: We help you on your way to your next destination with a transfer to the Palermo airport.
We suggest the following inclusions based on the proposed itinerary (above) and prices (below). Keep in mind that you can modify these as per your own preferences.
- 6 nights accommodation with en-suite facilities
- breakfast each day
- 2 dinners
- full-time, professional Tour Leader
- guided walks each day
- specialty foods tastings
- paid entrance to all included activities
- all land transfers to and from tour area, and during tour
- travel guidance for pre/post-tour activities
(Not included are airfare, wine and other beverages with alcohol, personal purchases such as laundry, phone calls, frigobar items etc., and anything not specifically included above.)
We price this tour for the following categories of accommodation. We also tier-price based on your group’s size. You can keep your tour private to your own group or you can open your tour for other travelers to join, thereby taking advantage of our tier discounts. Single Supplements (sing. supp.) are charged on single occupancy rooms only. All prices are quoted per person in USD.
You can schedule this tour to start on any day of the week, all year long. As with all our tours, you tell us the dates you would like to start your tour, allowing you the maximum in flexibility and convenience (full explanation).
Write to us using the form below, and we'll send you the detailed itinerary for this tour and other relevant information. Or proceed to our booking area to book this tour now.