Self-Guided Amalfi Coast
6 nights — from USD1640
Due to the myriad uncertainties created by the COVID-19 pandemic, we have changed our booking and cancellation policies to a USD50 per person deposit with cancellation and full refund up to 15 days before departure. Read more here.
Hike along the cliffside paths built into the rocky coastline between Ravello and Positano, an area famous for its stupendous vistas and colorful villages perched above the sea. You start the tour with two nights in Ravello, acclaimed as the most beautiful town in Italy. Then onward to the remote mountain village of Agerola for one night, well placed for the magnificent walk into Positano along the aptly named “Path of the Gods”. From Positano you take the ferry to the paradisiacal isle of Capri. And along the way, we provide you with all the tools you need to help you put your spirit of adventure into action.
Here is an outline of a suggested daily itinerary. You can shorten or lengthen this tour to fit your travel dates. For further information, please request a detailed itinerary.
- Day one: Your tour rep meets you in Naples and transfers you to Ravello where you can enjoy an orientation walk around the town.
- Day two: Today’s walk takes you through lemon groves down into the town of Amalfi, an ancient maritime republic famed today for its limoncello.
- Day three: You walk today into the mountains above Ravello and Amalfi to the sleepy village of Agerola.
- Day four: The walk to Positano follows along the Sentiero degli Dei(literally “Path of the Gods”) with views along the rugged coastline as far as the island of Capri.
- Day five: You start the day with a walk above Positano along ancient mule tracks which once served to connect Positano to the rest of the world, again with outstanding views.
- Day six: Today you cross by boat to Capri, for a walking tour of the island. Time permitting, you can ride the cable car to Mount Solario, Capri’s highest point for a final sweeping panoramo of the entire Bay of Naples and the Sorrentino penninsula.
- Day seven: You’re helped on your way to your next destination with a transfer back to Naples.
We suggest the following inclusions based on the proposed itinerary (above) and prices (below). Keep in mind that you can modify these as per your own preferences.
- 6 nights accommodation with en-suite facilities
- breakfast each day
- 1 dinner in Agerola
- 5 days of walking
- GPS app with walk coordinates and emergency contact
- detailed maps and route descriptions
- a descriptive guide of the various sites to see
- a Tour Rep to oversee your tour and move your luggage each day
- public ferry to and from Capri & private transfers from and to Naples
- travel guidance for pre/post-tour activities
(Not included are airfare, wine and other beverages with alcohol, personal purchases such as laundry, phone calls, frigobar items etc., and anything not specifically included above.)
We price this tour for the following categories of accommodation. You can keep your tour private to your own group or you can open your tour for other travelers to join. Single Supplements (sing. supp.) are charged on single occupancy rooms only. All prices are quoted per person in USD.
You can schedule this tour to start on any day of the week, all year long. As with all our tours, you tell us the dates you would like to start your tour, allowing you the maximum in flexibility and convenience (full explanation).
Write to us using the form below, and we'll send you the detailed itinerary for this tour and other relevant information. Or proceed to our booking area to book this tour now.