Walking on the Amalfi Coast and Capri
5 nights — from USD2520
Due to the myriad uncertainties created by the COVID-19 pandemic, we have changed our booking and cancellation policies to a USD50 per person deposit with cancellation and full refund until 31 days before departure. Read more here.
It’s no wonder la costiera amalfitana is often hailed as one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world. Around every turn of the trail, one catches a new view of ancient fishing towns clinging to the rugged bluffs like mother-of-pearl sea creatures left behind by gargantuan tides. Visit Positano, Amalfi, Ravello and Capri, walking in the footsteps of the Romans who built their villas here. Follow paths carved into the rock that were once the sole access to isolated villages set among the cliffs. Afterwards, luxuriate above the crystal sea on your terrazza or explore the romantic, twisting alleys of Positano.
Here is an outline of a suggested daily itinerary. You can shorten or lengthen this tour to fit your travel dates. For further information, please request a detailed itinerary.
- Day one: Your guide meets you in Naples for a walking tour of the historic center of this fascinating and colorful ancient metropolis, where you walk across layers upon layers of over two thousand years of history.
- Day two: In the morning, you transfer to Ravello, stopping along the way for a tour of Pompeii with an expert guide. In the afternoon, your walk along a path past lemon groves bringing you from Ravello to the village of Minori.
- Day three: Today you enjoy a walk along shaded paths to the bustling port of Amalfi for an exploration of its twisting alleys and Moorish duomo.
- Day four: Your walk today takes you along the aptly named Sentiero degli Dei (Path of the Gods) with stupendous views out over the sea and the coastline as far as the isle of Capri.
- Day five: Today you cross by boat to Capri, for a walking tour of the island. Time permitting, you can ride the cable car to Mount Solario, Capri’s highest point with astounding vistas.
- Day six: Your guide helps you on your way to your next destination with a transfer back to Naples.
We suggest the following inclusions based on the proposed itinerary (above) and prices (below). Keep in mind that you can modify these as per your own preferences.
- 5 nights accommodation with en-suite facilities
- breakfast each day
- 2 dinners
- full-time, professional Tour Leader
- guided walks each day
- specialty foods tastings
- paid entrance to all included activities
- all land transfers to and from tour area, and during tour
- travel guidance for pre/post-tour activities
(Not included are airfare, wine and other beverages with alcohol, personal purchases such as laundry, phone calls, frigobar items etc., and anything not specifically included above.)
We price this tour for the following categories of accommodation. We also tier-price based on your group’s size. You can keep your tour private to your own group or you can open your tour for other travelers to join, thereby taking advantage of our tier discounts. Single Supplements (sing. supp.) are charged on single occupancy rooms only. All prices are quoted per person in USD.
You can schedule this tour to start on any day of the week, all year long. As with all our tours, you tell us the dates you would like to start your tour, allowing you the maximum in flexibility and convenience (full explanation).
Write to us using the form below, and we'll send you the detailed itinerary for this tour and other relevant information. Or proceed to our booking area to book this tour now.