Hiking in the Dolomites
5 nights — from USD2090
Please note that for this year (2021), due to the myriad uncertainties created by the COVID-19 pandemic, we have changed our booking and cancellation policies to a USD50 per person deposit with cancellation and full refund up to 15 days before departure. Read more here.
The stupendous Dolomites, crossroads of Germanic and Mediterranean cultures, are home to the Ladins, an ancient people whose language and traditions are still well preserved in the high mountain valleys that surround the breathtaking Sella Group massif. You enjoy the local hospitality as you hike through this majestic mountainous region, from the lovely summer herding pastures of the Gardena Valley to the surreal silences among the karstic rock formations of the Fanes basin.
Here is an outline of a suggested daily itinerary. You can shorten or lengthen this tour to fit your travel dates. For further information, please request a detailed itinerary.
- Day one: Your guide meets you upon your arrival in Bressanone, if time permits, you can take the gondola to the top of the Plose Mountain for a ring walk through alpine meadows and luxuriant larch forests with spectacular views.
- Day two: In the morning you transfer to a rifugio near the village of Fodara Vedla, where you spend the next 2 nights. Today’s hike features vistas from the summit of the local heights.
- Day three: Today you hike to Sennes and arrive at the feet Croda del Becco (2810m), one of the most impressive peaks in the Dolomites. From here you continue to the picturesque alpine lakes of Fosses and Remeda Rossa.
- Day four: You start the day with a transfer into the heart of the Fanes-Sennes-Braies Natural Park where you’ll spend the next 2 nights. The challenge for today is climbing the 2794 meters of Col Bechei, for a great view of the massif of Cortina’s Dolomites.
- Day five: A marvelous hike today brings you to the glaciers of the Fanes area, with paths through silent Cembro pines and magnificent panoramas across the Badia valley.
- Day six: Your guide helps you on your way to your next destination with a transfer back to Bressanone.
We suggest the following inclusions based on the proposed itinerary (above) and prices (below). Keep in mind that you can modify these as per your own preferences.
- 1 night in Bressanone with en-suite facilities
- 4 nights rifugio with en-suite facilities when available
- breakfast each day
- 4 dinners
- 2 picnic lunches
- full-time, professional Tour Leader
- guided walks each day
- paid entrance to all included activities
- all land transfers during tour
- travel guidance for pre/post-tour activities
(Not included are airfare, wine and other beverages with alcohol, personal purchases such as laundry, phone calls, frigobar items etc., and anything not specifically included above.)
We price this tour for the following categories of accommodation. We also tier-price based on your group’s size. You can keep your tour private to your own group or you can open your tour for other travelers to join, thereby taking advantage of our tier discounts. Single Supplements (sing. supp.) are charged on single occupancy rooms only. All prices are quoted per person in USD.
You can schedule this tour to start on any day of the week, June to September. As with all our tours, you tell us the dates you would like to start your tour, allowing you the maximum in flexibility and convenience (full explanation).
Write to us using the form below, and we'll send you the detailed itinerary for this tour and other relevant information. Or proceed to our booking area to book this tour now.