Hiking in the Dolomites
5 nights — from USD2090
Due to the myriad uncertainties created by the COVID-19 pandemic, we have changed our booking and cancellation policies to a USD50 per person deposit with cancellation and full refund until 31 days before departure. Read more here.
The stupendous Dolomites, crossroads of Germanic and Mediterranean cultures, are home to the Ladins, an ancient people whose language and traditions are still well preserved in the high mountain valleys that surround the breathtaking Sella Group massif. You enjoy the local hospitality as you hike through this majestic mountainous region, from the lovely summer herding pastures of the Gardena Valley to the surreal silences among the karstic rock formations of the Fanes basin.
- Walk among the majestic Dolomites of Italy
- Visit the picturesque towns of Bressanone and Ortisei
- Explore the high mountain regions with their quaint rifugi
- Enjoy the scrumptiously hearty Tyronese cuisine
Depart From: Bressanone
Finish In: Bressanone
Starting Dates: Any day, June to September
Fitness Rating: 3-5 (Ratings Explained)
“...exceeded our expectations in every way...”
I’m back at work (big sigh) after a wonderful hiking trip. We were all extremely impressed with how organized, thoughtful, and adventuresome the whole week turned out to be. David and Stefano were delightful company, and planned treks that were challenging and diverse. All in all, the the trip exceeded our expectations in every way, and we’re already thinking about when/how we can do another Italy tour with Girosole. At the very least, you can count on us for recommendations to prospective clients.
Jane and Larry Edelman (and four friends)
Here is an outline of a suggested daily itinerary. You can shorten or lengthen this tour to fit your travel dates. For further information, please request a detailed itinerary.
- Day one: Your guide meets you upon your arrival in Bressanone, if time permits, you can take the gondola to the top of the Plose Mountain for a ring walk through alpine meadows and luxuriant larch forests with spectacular views.
- Day two: In the morning you transfer to a rifugio near the village of Fodara Vedla, where you spend the next 2 nights. Today’s hike features vistas from the summit of the local heights.
- Day three: Today you hike to Sennes and arrive at the feet Croda del Becco (2810m), one of the most impressive peaks in the Dolomites. From here you continue to the picturesque alpine lakes of Fosses and Remeda Rossa.
- Day four: You start the day with a transfer into the heart of the Fanes-Sennes-Braies Natural Park where you’ll spend the next 2 nights. The challenge for today is climbing the 2794 meters of Col Bechei, for a great view of the massif of Cortina’s Dolomites.
- Day five: A marvelous hike today brings you to the glaciers of the Fanes area, with paths through silent Cembro pines and magnificent panoramas across the Badia valley.
- Day six: Your guide helps you on your way to your next destination with a transfer back to Bressanone.
We suggest the following inclusions based on the proposed itinerary (above) and prices (below). Keep in mind that you can modify these as per your own preferences.
- 1 night in Bressanone with en-suite facilities
- 4 nights rifugio with en-suite facilities when available
- breakfast each day
- 4 dinners
- 2 picnic lunches
- full-time, professional Tour Leader
- guided walks each day
- paid entrance to all included activities
- all land transfers during tour
- travel guidance for pre/post-tour activities
(Not included are airfare, wine and other beverages with alcohol, personal purchases such as laundry, phone calls, frigobar items etc., and anything not specifically included above.)
“...enjoyed our trip immensely...”
Our trip was wonderful! Luca was an excellent guide, very efficient, knowledgeable, and personable. I enjoyed practicing my rusty Italian with him, & he taught me several proverbs & expressions. When he saw I was very interested in Alpine wildflowers he helped me find & identify some along the trails. He was a delightful companion. The tour was very well designed, in terms of our hiking ability & fitness level. We started with a fairly easy hike & worked our way up to more challenging. At the end we felt like we’d had a good workout, but were not exhausted. The other couple in our group were very close to us in terms of experience & fitness. We’d recommend your tours to any active people who want to see Italy off the beaten path. We enjoyed our trip immensely & will remember it (& Luca) fondly. Thanks!
Harry Vayo & Linda Woods
We price this tour for the following categories of accommodation. We also tier-price based on your group’s size. You can keep your tour private to your own group or you can open your tour for other travelers to join, thereby taking advantage of our tier discounts. Single Supplements (sing. supp.) are charged on single occupancy rooms only. All prices are quoted per person in USD.
You can schedule this tour to start on any day of the week, June to September. As with all our tours, you tell us the dates you would like to start your tour, allowing you the maximum in flexibility and convenience (full explanation).
Write to us using the form below, and we'll send you the detailed itinerary for this tour and other relevant information. Or proceed to our booking area to book this tour now.