Cooking and Walking in Tuscany
5 nights — from USD2450
Due to the myriad uncertainties created by the COVID-19 pandemic, we have changed our booking and cancellation policies to a USD50 per person deposit with cancellation and full refund until 31 days before departure. Read more here.
Ingredients: hands-on cooking lessons with a master chef, fresh-picked vegetables from the local mercato, recipes handed down from one generation to the next, excursions throughout the Val d’Orcia with your own private guide, walks in the Tuscan countryside each day. Add them together, mix well, and then go relax by the pool with a glass of Brunello. Serves you and whoever else you’d like to bring along. It’s the perfect Italian vacation – great fun, totally relaxing, and fulfilling to the point of…well… just try to eat another gnoccho – we dare you, just try! Hmmmm, now THAT wasn’t so hard!
Here is an outline of a suggested daily itinerary. You can shorten or lengthen this tour to fit your travel dates. For further information, please request a detailed itinerary.
- Day one: You are met by your guide upon your arrival in Florence and transferred to Montalcino where you’ll spend the next five nights. Along the way, you stop in San Gimignano to explore among its famous towers and finish the day with a tasting of Brunello.
- Day two: You begin the day with a walk in the area of Bagno Vignoni, an ancient Roman spa town. In the afternoon, you return to Montalcino for your first cooking lesson and afterwards dine on what you prepare.
- Day three: Featured today is a walk through forests and rolling countryside to the abbey of Sant’Antimo, a travertine jewel set among ancient olive trees. A wine-tasting follows in the afternoon.
- Day four: A walk from the village of Monticchiello brings you to Montepulciano, famous for its Vino Nobile. Back again in Montalcino, you enjoy your second cooking lesson, as well as the results of your inspirations.
- Day five: Today is devoted to a walk to the village of Pienza. The village is considered a Renaissance gem, and is famous too for its pecorino cheeses, of which you enjoy a tasting.
- Day six: Your guide helps you on your way to your next destination with a transfer to Florence train station or airport.
We suggest the following inclusions based on the proposed itinerary (above) and prices (below). Keep in mind that you can modify these as per your own preferences.
- 5 nights accommodations with en-suite facilities
- breakfast each day
- 2 cooking classes/dinners with a local chef
- full-time, professional Tour Leader
- guided walks each day
- special, personal tours hosted by local experts
- wine and specialty foods tastings
- paid entrance to all included activities
- all land transfers to and from tour area, and during tour
- travel guidance for pre/post-tour activities
(Not included are airfare, wine and other beverages with alcohol, personal purchases such as laundry, phone calls, frigobar items etc., and anything not specifically included above.)
We price this tour for the following categories of accommodation. We also tier-price based on your group’s size. You can keep your tour private to your own group or you can open your tour for other travelers to join, thereby taking advantage of our tier discounts. Single Supplements (sing. supp.) are charged on single occupancy rooms only. All prices are quoted per person in USD.
You can schedule this tour to start on any day of the week, all year long. As with all our tours, you tell us the dates you would like to start your tour, allowing you the maximum in flexibility and convenience (full explanation).
Write to us using the form below, and we'll send you the detailed itinerary for this tour and other relevant information. Or proceed to our booking area to book this tour now.