Walking on the Amalfi Coast and Capri
5 nights — from USD2090
It's no wonder la costiera amalfitana is often hailed as one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world. Around every turn of the trail, one catches a new view of ancient fishing towns clinging to the rugged bluffs like mother-of-pearl sea creatures left behind by gargantuan tides. Visit Positano, Amalfi, Ravello and Capri, walking in the footsteps of the Romans who built their villas here. Follow paths carved into the rock that were once the sole access to isolated villages set among the cliffs. Afterwards, luxuriate above the crystal sea on your terrazza or explore the romantic, twisting alleys of Positano.
- Walk along the fabulous cliffside paths along the Amalfi Coast
- Visit the picturesque towns of Positano, Amalfi, Ravello and Capri
- Explore the ruins of Pompeii
- Enjoy the wonderful cuisine and wines of the region
|Depart From: Naples||Finish In: Naples|
|Starting Dates:||Any day, all year long|
|Fitness Rating:2-4||Ratings Explained...|
“...the perfect combination...”
We had a marvelous trip, and much of it was due to the planning that went into the Girosole itinerary - it was the perfect combination of walking, scenery, history, culture, time spent with the group, and time to explore on our own. I can't imagine a better way to see the Amalfi coast. Our guide Ulisse was very friendly and helpful - he did a wonderful job of keeping us organized, giving us the history of the area, and providing advice on things to do when we were on our own. We would like to travel again with Girosole (maybe Tuscany next time) and will certainly recommend the walking tours to all of our friends.
— Christie and Bill Waters
Here is an outline of a suggested daily itinerary. You can shorten or lengthen this tour to fit your travel dates. For further information, please request a detailed itinerary.
- Day one: Your guide meets you in Naples for a walking tour of the historic center of this fascinating and colorful ancient metropolis, where you walk across layers upon layers of over two thousand years of history.
- Day two: In the morning, you transfer to Positano, stopping along the way for a tour of Pompeii with an expert guide and a visit to the charming seaside town of Sorrento.
- Day three: Your walk today takes you along the aptly named Sentiero degli Dei (Path of the Gods) with stupendous views out over the sea and the coastline as far as the isle of Capri.
- Day four: Today you cross by boat to Capri, for a walking tour of the island. Time permitting, you can ride the cable car to Mount Solario, Capri's highest point with astounding vistas.
- Day five: You start this morning from Ravello, one of Italy's most beautifully situated villages, and walk to Amalfi, with its charming, twisting alleyways and shops.
- Day six: Your guide helps you on your way to your next destination with a transfer back to Naples.
We suggest the following inclusions based on the proposed itinerary (above) and prices (below). Keep in mind that you can modify these as per your own preferences.
- 5 nights accommodation with en-suite facilities
- breakfast each day
- 2 dinners
- full-time, professional Tour Leader
- guided walks each day
- specialty foods tastings
- paid entrance to all included activities
- all land transfers to and from tour area, and during tour
- travel guidance for pre/post-tour activities
(Not included are airfare, wine and other beverages with alcohol, personal purchases such as laundry, phone calls, frigobar items etc., and anything not specifically included above.)
We price this tour for the following categories of accommodation. We also tier-price based on your group's size. You can keep your tour private to your own group or you can open your tour for other travelers to join, thereby taking advantage of our tier discounts. Single Supplements (sing. supp.) are charged on single occupancy rooms only. All prices are quoted per person in USD.
|accomm. level||2-3 p||4-5 p||6+ p||sing. supp.|
You can schedule this tour to start on any day of the week, all year long. As with all our tours, you tell us the dates you would like to start your tour, allowing you the maximum in flexibility and convenience (full explanation).
“...made us feel at home...”
We both felt very, very satisfied with the tour and very happy that we chose to go with Girosole. We very much enjoyed our guide. He was wonderful, patient and very professional. He was a treat to be with. I would quickly run out of adjectives in both English and Italian in trying to describe his skills, attention and easy going style that made us feel at ease. We very much enjoyed our accommodation in Positano. That lady is wonderful and made us feel at home with lots of extra little personal touches. The room was great with our own balcony that overlooked the sea. The breakfasts were wonderful with fabulous coffee, fresh pastries and bread and home made preserves. Jane and I loved each and every walk. We had no problem with the fitness level; we did get pretty hot on the one day in Capri. We loved the scenery and the history and had a wonderful time. We enjoyed the differences between the different walks as every small town had its own unique charm. We liked the different transportation to and from each hike. Especially the little local bus with the wonderful colourful local people! The food was fantastic and we always felt we had lots to eat. The restaurants were all top notch with great food and service. All in all we cannot say enough. I hope that I am getting across to you that we totally enjoyed the tour and will remember this holiday for the rest of our lives. We hope one day to visit Italy again and we will definitely consider using Girosole again. If there is anything we can do to promote your company please let us know and we would be happy to do that.
— Mark & Jane Hird-Rutter
Write to us using the form below, and we'll send you the detailed itinerary for this tour and other relevant information.
Or proceed to our booking area to book this tour now.