Walking in Piedmont's Langhe District
4 nights — from USD1890
A wine and gastronomic paradiso awaits you in the Langhe region, historically one of the world's most important centers of wine production. Among the wines to taste are a number of hearty reds, including Barolo and Barbaresco. Nearby is the Asti region, famous for spumanti, Italy's answer to champagne. You'll also uncover a delightful, little explored corner of the Monferrato, still largely overlooked even by Italian tourists.
- Take daily walks through the lovely Piemontese countryside
- Enjoy private wine-tastings and winery tours
- Learn about the great wines of Barolo and Barbaresco
- Enjoy great Piemontese cuisine
|Depart From: Milan or Turin||Finish In: Milan or Turin|
|Starting Dates:||Any day, all year long|
|Fitness Rating:1-4||Ratings Explained...|
“...only good memories and experiences...”
We have only good memories and experiences, as we were extremely happy to have Giuseppe as our guide! Knowledgeable, patient, and enjoyable in every way. The hotel in La Morra, Corte Gondina, was beautiful. The food was excellent! You are blessed with a beautiful country! In a few years, we plan to return to Piemonte, as we particularly enjoyed the landscape, the people, food, and of course, the wine! We want to send Giuseppe some Canadian Maple syrup because I think he is curious to taste it. Again, thank you for what was a very special trip for us.
— Jack and Gretchen Bingham
Here is an outline of a suggested daily itinerary. You can shorten or lengthen this tour to fit your travel dates. For further information, please request a detailed itinerary.
- Day one: Your guide picks you up in Milan or Turin and brings you to a tiny hilltop village in the Basso Monferrato for lunch; this area is known for its Barbera wine but is still far off even local tourist maps. Later, after an exploration of the various chapels of Crea Sanctuary Natural Park, you enjoy a wine and cheese tasting at another fine Barbera producer.
- Day two: The day starts with a splendid walk through the vineyards of Nebbiolo, the grape which makes the unique Barolo wine. You also partake in a wine tasting and tour at one of zone's best and most welcoming producers, while enjoying panoramic views of the surrounding region.
- Day three: A stroll through the vineyards brings you to the hilltop town of La Morra, where you enjoy a wine tasting at an up-and-coming producer who has already realized some great results. In the afternoon you tour a venerable producer's marvelously designed cellars in Monforte d'Alba.
- Day four: Today you explore the Barbaresco wine region: though made from the same grape as Barolo, this wine is a slightly lighter red due to the local soils. You also visit the lovely village of Neive, and in the afternoon head to a village in the nearby Alto Monferrato to celebrate with a Moscato d'Asti wine tasting at a classic producer of spumanti.
- Day five: We help you on your way to your next destination with a transfer to Milan or Turin.
We suggest the following inclusions based on the proposed itinerary (above) and prices (below). Keep in mind that you can modify these as per your own preferences.
- 4 nights accommodation with en-suite facilities
- breakfast each day
- 2 gourmet dinners
- full-time, professional Tour Leader
- guided walks each day
- wine and specialty foods tastings
- paid entrance to all included activities
- all land transfers to and from tour area, and during tour
- travel guidance for pre/post-tour activities
(Not included are airfare, wine and other beverages with alcohol, personal purchases such as laundry, phone calls, frigobar items etc., and anything not specifically included above.)
We price this tour for the following categories of accommodation. We also tier-price based on your group's size. You can keep your tour private to your own group or you can open your tour for other travelers to join, thereby taking advantage of our tier discounts. Single Supplements (sing. supp.) are charged on single occupancy rooms only. All prices are quoted per person in USD.
|accomm. level||2-3 p||4-5 p||6+ p||sing. supp.|
You can schedule this tour to start on any day of the week, all year long. As with all our tours, you tell us the dates you would like to start your tour, allowing you the maximum in flexibility and convenience (full explanation).
“...Thank you for all your help...”
We had a wonderful time in Italy. Our guide David was great. He couldn't have been anymore informative and adventurous. You can tell that he is very knowlegable of the Piemont Region and is very passionate about his job. The food and scenery were wonderful. Our hotel accommodations were very nice. The proprietors were most congenial and shared some of there personal wine with us. All in all, we agreed that everyone could not have been nicer and we felt that David did an outstanding job. We will not hesitate to use Girosole again for our next trip to Italy. Thank you for all your help.
— Shirley McCook
Write to us using the form below, and we'll send you the detailed itinerary for this tour and other relevant information.
Or proceed to our booking area to book this tour now.