Walking in Le Marche's Monti Azzuri
5 nights — from USD2090
This land teems with delights, luring the walker forth into a perfect pastoral vision. Experience this region's rich culture and traditions, its farm-fresh cuisine, its superb vistas of hilltowns, castles, churches, rugged farmlands and woods. You'll also enjoy the hospitality of an unpretentious people who are happy to introduce you to the best of their region a land that has remained largely untouched by the ever-increasing demands of the modern world.
- Walk in the lovely countryside of Le Marche
- Explore towns like Tolentino, San Severino and Serrapetrona
- Discover hidden gems in an untouristed region
- Enjoy great local cuisine and wines
|Depart From: San Severino||Finish In: San Severino|
|Starting Dates:||Any day, all year long|
|Fitness Rating:1-4||Ratings Explained...|
“...so much thought into our tour...”
I wanted to again let you know how much we enjoyed our tour of the Marche. We proceeded onto Tuscany and...I really thought what you showed us was much lovelier and less peopled. In looking at our pictures I can't believe we actually stayed on a farm and picked olives. Thank you for putting so much thought into our tour, sights, food, olives, etc. We would love to do another trip, this time to the south. We will certainly contact you when we do decide to go.
— Mary and Richard Tomlinson
Here is an outline of a suggested daily itinerary. You can shorten or lengthen this tour to fit your travel dates. For further information, please request a detailed itinerary.
- Day one: Your guide meets you in San Severino, acclaimed by Italian art critics as one of the major cities of art in Central Italy. You tour the town, enjoying its charming piazza and the view from its fortifications.
- Day two: A walk near the hilltown of Camerino brings you past abandoned churches and hillside farms. Afterwards, you explore Camerino itself, famous as a university town since the 1200s.
- Day three: You walk through the Marche countryside to the church of San Giusto, a fascinating monument of romanesque architecture. Later, you visit Caldarola, known to the connoisseur for its prize-winning olive oils, of which you enjoy a tasting.
- Day four: Today you walk in the area of Serrapetrona where you enjoy a wine-tasting of the villages's local red spumanti, the grapes for which are grown only in this area of a few square kilometers. You also tour Tolentino and its beautiful basilica, with frescos by the school of Giotto.
- Day five: This morning's walk puts you on the path of the Romans, as you explore the ancient ruins of Urbs Salvia. Afterwards, you explore nearby hilltowns, each with its own surprising secrets.
- Day six: We help you on your way to your next destination with a transfer to Tolentino train station.
We suggest the following inclusions based on the proposed itinerary (above) and prices (below). Keep in mind that you can modify these as per your own preferences.
- 5 nights accommodation with en-suite facilities
- breakfast each day
- 2 dinners
- full-time, professional Tour Leader
- guided walks each day
- specialty foods tastings
- paid entrance to all included activities
- all land transfers to and from tour area, and during tour
- travel guidance for pre/post-tour activities
(Not included are airfare, wine and other beverages with alcohol, personal purchases such as laundry, phone calls, frigobar items etc., and anything not specifically included above.)
We price this tour for the following categories of accommodation. We also tier-price based on your group's size. You can keep your tour private to your own group or you can open your tour for other travelers to join, thereby taking advantage of our tier discounts. Single Supplements (sing. supp.) are charged on single occupancy rooms only. All prices are quoted per person in USD.
|accomm. level||2-3 p||4-5 p||6+ p||sing. supp.|
You can schedule this tour to start on any day of the week, all year long. As with all our tours, you tell us the dates you would like to start your tour, allowing you the maximum in flexibility and convenience (full explanation).
“...wonderful trip in Le Marche...”
Just wanted to thank you for the wonderful trip in Le Marche. The week hiking was the highlight of our 5 weeks in Europe. Extremely well organized and the attention to detail first rate. While it is tough to get a "bad" meal in Italy, your organization made superb choices for dinner. It was like each succeeding chef was trying to outdo the last! If you would please send a listing of your other walking tours, both self-guided and guided.
— The Nogue family
Write to us using the form below, and we'll send you the detailed itinerary for this tour and other relevant information.
Or proceed to our booking area to book this tour now.