Cook and Walk on the Amalfi Coast
Eat and walk your way through a seaside paradise
Near the tip of the Sorrentine peninsula sits the little fishing village of Marina del Cantone with views towards Capri. For our Amalfi Coast Cooking and Walking tour, we situate ourselves for five nights nestled in the cliffs above Cantone. Your host and chef is a native of the area, who will introduce you to the savory cuisine of la mediterranea with fish caught fresh daily, sun-ripened tomatoes and the rich olive oil of the south being the basics upon which you'll create scrumptious feasts.
- Learn the secrets of Mediterranean cooking from an expert chef
- Visit the picturesque towns of Sorrento, Positano and Capri
- Take walks along the cliffside paths overlooking the sea
- Enjoy the wonderful cuisine and wines of the region
Here is an outline of a suggested daily itinerary. You can shorten or lengthen this tour to fit your travel dates. For further information, please request a detailed itinerary.
- Day one: Your guide meets you in Naples and brings you to your lodgings for five nights overlooking Capri from the tip of the Sorrentine peninsula. There's time for a warm-up walk, followed by a welcome dinner offering a taste of the treats to come.
- Day two: A morning visit to the charming seaside town of Sorrento allows you some time for shopping, including buying the ingredients for today's feast. On your return to your lodgings, you start with a lesson on antipasti.
- Day three: You enjoy a walk this morning along hidden trails with stupendous views out over the sea. Your cooking lesson today concentrates on primi fati in casa ("home-made pastas").
- Day four: Today you cross by boat to Capri, for a walking tour of the island. Time permitting, you can ride the cable car to Mount Solario, Capri's highest point with astounding vistas. You dine tonight at a restaurant renowned for its own home-made pastas.
- Day five: This morning brings you to fashionable Positano for a stroll among its picturesque streets and shops. In the afternoon, you continue your cooking lessons with secondi di pesce ("second course of fish").
- Day six: Your guide helps you on your way to your next destination with a transfer back to Naples.
We suggest the following inclusions based on the proposed itinerary (above) and prices (below). Keep in mind that you can modify these as per your own preferences.
- 5 nights accommodation with en-suite facilities
- breakfast and dinner each day
- cooking lessons with an expert chef
- full-time Tour Leader
- guided walks each day
- private tours hosted by local experts
- specialty foods tastings
- paid entrance to all included activities
- all land transfers to and from tour area, and during tour
- all taxes and service charges at hotels and for included meals
- travel guidance for pre/post-tour activities
(Not included are airfare, wine and other beverages with alcohol, personal purchases such as laundry, phone calls, frigobar items etc., and anything not specifically included above.)
We price this tour for the following categories of accommodation. We also tier-price based on your group's size. You can keep your tour private to your own group or you can open your tour for other travelers to join, thereby taking advantage of our tier discounts. All prices are quoted per person in USD.
You can schedule this tour to start on any day of the week, all year long. As with all our tours, you tell us the dates you would like to start your tour, allowing you the maximum in flexibility and convenience (full explanation).
Write to us using the form below, and we'll send you the detailed itinerary for this tour and other relevant information.
Or proceed to our booking area to book this tour now.